[Nepomuk] Activities protocol

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 01:02:47 CEST 2010

>> p.p.s. If you hadn't done anything related to Nepomuk Queries and ||,
>> &&, ! (and what else we had), I can start making a patch for it.
>
> Already in trunk. :)

Fantastic :)

> Exactly. My approach was rather similar to Ivan's I think: I have a dbus
> service that handles all the events. Apps simply call a set of methods

I'm not very fond of having apps call dbus directly. By creating the
KActivity* classes, we can keep the dbus interface as minimal as
possible, while the classes could handle some logic and provide
convenience methods. (and we don't need to keep the dbus api
back-compatible)

> maybe we could drop that for 4.6 since optional nepomuk makes everything
> so much more complicated.

I agree. We'll just need to communicate this to KWin guys - they
didn't really want to depend on nepomuk.

Although, (from my pov) the kded daemon could access nepomuk directly
instead of doing it via the service... (it doesn't really matter
whether it is a kded module or a nepomuk service...)

Cheerio

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard