Scrollbars in add widget ui

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 14 19:47:22 CEST 2010

On July 14, 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On July 14, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > Normally I would agree. Do you volunteer to make sure the bug never
> > appears again?
>
> yes, we do. now that we're at the point of such questions, though, it's
> safe to say that this thread has reached the end of its ability to
> produce useful input. let's stop here.

I happen to think its a perfectly valid point. If you can't guarantee the
bug won't reappear, an easily discoverable work around is going to have to
be made for it.

Just a little bit of brain storming, but some place, an interface showing a
list of the current running plasmoids (one item per plasmoid instance),
which when hovered over with the mouse cause them to be highlighted by
plasma itself. It would make the most sense if it were to hide all normal
windows, or bring plasma forward. Possibly tie it into the ZUI to show all
current containments.

That said, a much simpler and easier to implement idea would be to add back
that minus button and just force people to add back instances they wanted
(if theres more than one running). Maybe as an option.

> p.s. the javascript console lets you get to any plasmoid using scripting.

And I'm sure its fully documented, easily discoverable, and understandable
by mere users.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca