[Nepomuk] Activities protocol

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:49:53 CEST 2010

On July 14, 2010 05:32:18 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Sebastian:
> > once more just so this is not forgotten: there is no need for ranking -
> > at least not on the data level - when linking the activity to the event
> > rather than to the file.
>
> Agreed. The only problem I see is that we'll need much more complex
> queries when sorting the results by usage.
>
> > Marco:
> > by the way, since this information is saved, is there a way given a
> > window id to know if it's associated on a given activity (in particulr
> > the current one)
>
> No, currently the kwin activities part is totally separate from this
> system.
>
> Chani could probably tell you more.

the kwin thing isn't saved at all right now. it's just stored in kwin, and
lost when it restarts.
I had hoped to make it persistent before 4.5 came out... but... on the other
hand, I want more time to consider *how* it should be done, properly, and not
rush in something that might turn out to be the wrong approach and need
supporting forever.