Activities protocol

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:59:25 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 July 2010, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> First of all, I hope you are on plasma-devel since a lot of people
> didn't take me seriously concerning the cross-posting...
>
> > So applications need to notify it about opening a doc manually? I am
> > asking because I started implementing the exact same thing and we should
>
> Yes, the apps report the name, window id and the uri of the resource
> opened (be it a document, folder or some internal uri)

by the way, since this information is saved, is there a way given a window id
to know if it's associated on a given activity (in particulr the current one)
i was trying to hide from the taskbar the windows that don't belong to the
current activity (there will be probably an option just like show only windows
from current desktop)
but there doesn't seem ways to retrieve this information api wise, seems just
possible to retrieve uris of resources (and from the taskbar i can't know what
documents are open by a particular task...)

Cheers,
Marco Martin