Activities protocol

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Jul 14 09:55:22 CEST 2010

> just curious, why's he doing... whatever he's doing... on a per-application
> basis? does it matter whether I opened a document in kate, kwrite or okular?

Stats like this are always good to have when you can have them.
1. Apps' recent files could be replaced to work better (with
activities and an automatic rating system)
2. If you use Gimp more often for a specific jpg file than gwenview,
it could be nice if you just click on it and it opens in Gimp or
similar.
3. Other cases I can't think of atm :)

> this will lead to lots of false positives. a file i open from an email that
> gets sent to me stands a high likeliehood of having nothing to do with the
> activity i'm in. other examples abound.

The ranking system will have to exist anyway, so these would be
low-score false positives which will drop very quickly.

The idea of the ranking system is to take in count the number of times
something is opened, and the date when it was last opened.

Cheerio

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard