Displaying icon on panel in Python

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:39:57 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 22:25:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On July 13, 2010, Thomas Olsen wrote:

> > > in your .desktop file you put this:
> > >
> > > ServiceTypes=Plasma/Applet,Plasma/PopupApplet
> > >
> > > this makes your widget a PopupApplet when it is created. you should
> > > then be able to implement the graphicsWidget() method (assuming the
> > > python binding are all complete; i don't know if they are as i don't
> > > use them, but i imagine they should be).
> >
> > I have ServiceTypes=Plasma/PopupApplet in my .desktop file as I explained
> > in http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2010-July/012288.html but
> > that didn't help. I'll try the double definition you mention but it I
> > can't see it making any difference as PopupApplet inherits Applet?
>
> that's not how it works in libplasma. :)

I guess not but I don't quite understand all the magic going on behind the
scene.

I just tried your suggestion but the Plasmoid then gets instantiated as an
Applet and not a PopupApplet and it doesn't have access to setPopupIcon etc.

If I use ServiceTypes=Plasma/PopupApplet I have access to these methods but
the icon widget doesn't respond to click events.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen