DataEngine and regular polling.

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 13 13:48:55 CEST 2010

On July 13, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom at shaw.ca>
wrote:
> > I'm seeing a couple behaviors I didn't really expect.
> >
> > 1. if I let the Applet set an update frequency in connectSource, many
> > setData's in the data engine just aren't passed on to the Applet. Thats
> > probably intended, but it is somewhat annoying.
>
> setData should immediately update the applet, no matter what.
> it's normal that an appelt can't force an immediate update but a
> dataengine should
> this soundslike a problem, since a chacksourcesupdated is called
> immediately after a setdata

From looking at a lot of the qDebug's I've littered around my data engine
and applet, it seems that setData's are coalesced, or at least are
sometimes. A few in a row may result in a single dataUpdated, though
sometimes it may result in a few dataUpdated's.

But a lot of the time, many of my setData's just aren't triggering an update
in the applet at all. Or at least setData("source", "key", value) version
doesn't seem to behave as I expected it to.