pixmap leak in KDE 4.5 RC2

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:48:06 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010, Andrei Nistor wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've noticed that the X11 memory usage in plasma is rising steadily in
> plasma. A few hours after I log in, the X11 memory usage can reach 50MB.
>
> I've tried to track this issue down with SadEagle in #kde-devel and he
> suggested to use ktracepixmap and kdumppixmap from playground.
>
> The dump can be found at http://filebin.ca/mrjwbt/pixmaps-dump.tar.bz2

there doesn't seem to be so much weird stuff in those dumps (yeah the i icon
seems to have too many copies that's true)
the most disconcerting thing imo are those garzillion copies of the cashew...
the black pixmaps are probably used somewhere to do transparency compositing,
like fade in/fade out i guess

--
Marco Martin