Activity identicons v 1.99 :) (post-akademy)

Alessandro Diaferia alediaferia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 12:58:23 CEST 2010

  Il 12/07/2010 12:54, Marco Martin ha scritto:
> On Monday 12 July 2010, Markus Slopianka wrote:
>> On Monday 12 July 2010 11:47:51 Marco Martin wrote:
>>> or do you have a better idea to -magically- find an image that represent
>>> that activity without user intervention?
>> Why would Activities be created without user intervention?
> not creation of activities without user intervention, but assigning a
> meaningful image without the user being forced to chose something
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin
Well, I don't completely see the point of avoiding any type of
configuration to the user. IMO, when creating a new activity, the user
might be prompted to choose among a set of default activities. Those
activities might already have a name and a default icon together with
some default plasmoids already loaded. Then the user might eventually
choose to create his custom activity and in that case he would choose a
name and an icon in place of a default, generic one.

Just my 2cc.

Regards.

--
Alessandro Diaferia