Activity identicons v 1.99 :) (post-akademy)

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 09:45:19 CEST 2010

> now, what if $plasmoid wants to use the icon (eg, activity bar)? what if
> $application wants to use the icon (eg. when associating something with an
> activity)? it'd be nice if I could see the icons when assigning windows to
> activities, but I dunno if that'd be possible with autogenerated ones...

Ok, this is a bit unrelated, but should be covered. The solution can
be something of the following:
1. KIdenticonGenerator becomes Plasma::IdenticonGenerator (in
libplasma - it needs Plasma::Svg so it can't go anywhere else)
2. We start saving the icons somewhere. Problem with this one is that
we need to save a couple different states...

> can users still choose any arbitrary icon they like?
Yes, this is just so that they could use the ones that look like
bubbles :) (yes, Nuno loves bubbles ;) )

> really, the sort of activities the user has is likely to depend on what the
> user does in his/her life :) me, I'll have activities for kwin, plasma,

Yes, I agree, but a set of common ones would be good IMO.

Cheerio!

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard