Plasma::Wallpaper does software scaling/copying when it isn't necessary

velociraptor Genjix aphidia at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 18:44:50 CEST 2010

See the conversation http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=112105&forumpage=4 titled "Phonon video backend?"
I do the scaling using hardware acceleration but Plasma::Wallpaper requires me to still copy this array with slow software acceleration. If the format is correct then just give me the target X surface. KDE insists on drawing it's own wallpaper on top though.
So this is a problem with plasma- is there a workaround or a hack?
void VideoWallpaper::paint(QPainter *painter, const QRectF&){    // ...    const QImage imag(frame->data[0], codec_ctx->width, codec_ctx->height, frame->linesize[0], QImage::Format_RGB32);    painter->drawImage(boundingRect(), imag);    // ...}
It would run ALOT faster if there was a way to disable KDE4 rendering a wallpaper or be allowed to render directly to that wallpaper. A video wallpaper should be as natural as an image or colour in today's world.