[GSoC]: DataEngine queries in JavaScript

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jul 10 11:35:41 CEST 2010

On July 10, 2010, Alessandro Diaferia wrote:
> data sharing through the dataengine as we're no longer creating a source
> for each query but, actually, this isn't mandatory as rarely different
> applets will show the same data from the dataengine.

this really is the key issue. if the answer is "there really isn't a use case
for showing the same data from multiple visualizations" then a DataEngine will
offer very little benefit compared to a Service. and if this does become an
issue, then the Service can always do some internal caching of items.

> What I suggest to Hayri is still going writing code to fetch data from as
> much web services as possible. Later it wouldn't be too hard to adapt such
> code to a service implementation.

sounds about right...

humru othro a kohnu se