Standard list/group header plasma item?

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 10 08:23:51 CEST 2010

On July 9, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's a standard widget, or svg I can use to draw the
> group headers for my little widget, I've temporarily borrowed the one
> from the separator widget and ended up with:
>
> http://strangesoft.net/plasma-networkinfo/prototype5.png
>
> It looks ok. But I'm wondering if there's something better I should be
> using?

Other than drawing it too big/thick of course. Small update with that fixed:

http://strangesoft.net/plasma-networkinfo/prototype9.png

Its also in the "domain" grouping mode this time, and I just added support
for showing some extra info when items are expanded. Currently will show the
up/down status, ip address, mac address (once the sources advertise it), and
latency.

Starting to take real shape :) after getting all this in shape I'll probably
work on adding actions (send w-o-l packet to machine, maybe some other
things), and showing the various services each host has, and maybe allowing
some kind of interaction with them (not sure how yet, other than kde-open
for http[s] and similar protocols)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca