Strange crash in plasmoid

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 7 01:23:47 CEST 2010

On July 6, 2010, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Mon July 5 2010 17:18:11 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > I've gotten quite a bit further with my plasmoid, but I've hit a wall.
> > I just can't seem to figure out whats causing a crash:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/HFPqKPwm
> >
> > Somehow adding an item to a QGraphicsLinearLayout is crashing, and the
> > trace  I've been able to get from either valgrind or gdb really hasn't
> > helped.
> >
> > Has anyone seen anything like this before? So far I just can't figure
> > it out.
> >
> > I'll be stopping for today, hopefully a break will allow me to see it
> > clearer (tends to help more often than not).
>
> Without the code, the bt is pretty useless. Can you show the code causing
> this?

Sure, its up on my svn server at:
http://svn.tomasu.org/index.cgi/plasma-networkinfo/revision?rev=13

Or: http://tiny.cc/bqj1h

The DataEngine that that plasmoid uses is in the parent 'prototype' dir.

Please excuse the mess that the plasmoid code is in, it'll get cleaned up
before I actually publish it anywhere.

The Problems started appearing when I added the HostList class and related
classes (HostListGroup, HostItem). It seems when I try to add anything to
the layouts in HostList or HostListGroup, it crashes. Yet adding items to
the widget's own nested layouts work fine. I'm just confused.

Thanks.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca