Problem accessing DataEngine from child object

Shaun Reich predator106 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:08:25 CEST 2010

Hi, I'm trying to get my KdmEngine to compile but I am receiving
undefined references.

Basically, the KdmEngine, at ctor time creates MyObject by passing
'this' to it's constructor. It requires a KdmEngine* so that I can
access the DataEngine from that class and I figured it would make more
sense/be easier than adding more methods to the service, especially
since I don't like the excess code that it would create (duplicates
really).

So now in MyObject I would like to be able to call m_dataEngine->somemethod...

Well, even after including kdmengine.h where needed, I am experiencing
the aforementioned problem. I don't know what cmake magic I
require...or is using the service the only way?

The MyObject is added to the sources of kdm in the CMakeLists.txt file
and used there. The dataengine is a subdirectory that I call
add_subdirectory(dataengine) on.

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Developer (www.kde.org)