screensaver security - please help

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:17:41 CET 2010

ok, so I kinda dropped the ball here.
screensaver security depends on the c++ plasmoids telling the truth about what
features they use. for 4.3 I went through kdebase and kdeplasma-addons and
ensured that they were all up to date. I haven't done this for 4.4, and with
less than a week to final tagging, I'm not going to get through them all on my
own.

the process is pretty simple: play with an applet, skim through its source
code, and find any dangerous things it does (like showing a filedialog). When
such things are found, they can either be made optional or marked as required.
when nothing is found, they can be marked as safe. I have a wiki page with
more details, and the results from 4.3:
http://techbase.kde.org/User:Chani/Plans/ConstraintsList

if you've got some spare time, please pick a few applets (I usually do them in
batches of 5) and test them out. I expect most haven't changed, so 90% of the
time it'll just be a matter of marking that on the wiki. :) if you find a
confusing one, feel free to ask me about it.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com