notifications, again :D

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 26 18:30:04 CET 2010

On January 26, 2010, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26. January 2010. 11.57.36 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > On Monday 25 January 2010 13:20:56 Marco Martin wrote:
> > > opinions? comments?
> > > would like to hear some feedback before implementing anything since
> > > each solution would lead to a different total screwing of the current
> > > implementation :p
>
> What about having something like Facebook does - one small notification
> popup at a time, and when the user clicks the 'show notifications' he/she
> gets the list of notifications.
>
> We don't need to go for the list as well, but since the user clicked the
> 'show notifications' button we don't have the problem of contextual
> information covering a large part of the screen - it is what the user
> wanted.

the problem is when we have 10 notifications from one app and 1 from another
plus a few running jobs.

in general, i agree with the approach you describe, but i think it needs to be
a bit more involved behind the scenes to ensure a spammy app doesn't take over
and that the notifications and jobs are sensible.

which is what my looong email reply describes :)

humru othro a kohnu se