QCompleter on Plasma::LineEdit not working properly

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 19 21:42:23 CET 2010

On January 19, 2010, Cyrill Helg wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 January 2010 21:13:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On January 19, 2010, Cyrill Helg wrote:
> > > Am I doing this right by using the native underlying widget? Where
> > > could the problem be? Is this is a Plasma bug?
> >
> > sounds like a Qt bug that Marco was trying to track down the other week
> > where sometimes popups which aren't embedded on the canvas will end up in
> > an event loop inside of Qt. this appears quite solidly to be a Qt bug,
> > however.
> >
> > what version of Qt are you using?
>
> Its qt 4.6 from gentoo official portage unstale (4.6.0-r2)

erf. 4.6.0 has a number of known issues, including things that randomly crash
KDE apps of all sorts. i'd highly recommend getting something newer if at all
possible. i think this issue is still visible in newer 4.6.x versions, though,
so that probably won't fix the issue (i was actually hoping you were using the
latest / greatest Qt so we could add to the evidence that the bug is still
there)

humru othro a kohnu se