Need a couple of volunteers (was: Re: TokamakIV update)

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Tue Jan 12 18:52:06 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 12 de January de 2010 17:44:39 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 January 2010, Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 12 de January de 2010 15:32:44 Marco Martin wrote:
> >
> > I have been lately playing around with alot of UI/design in touch small
> > screen oriented devices, so I would be interested..
> >
> > the N900 still has not made it here so Im playing with printed versions
> > :D (actual paper printed versions its pretty fun)
>
> will install gwenview too on it so :D
> ah, and that one is 800x480 too, so no need to make two versions of the
> mockups ;)

but i bet the screen is bigger that the n900, the n900 poses alot of
interesting issues because the dpi is huge, Touch based devices are really
interesting  as besides the usual "how many pixels do i have" problem other
problems rise up as "this clicable area must be as big as my fingertip", so
there we go back to the real size based design vs the pixel based design, and
the complete custom design for each device.

Interesting stuff :D

> > > Hi all,
> > > Since a couple of days i had the occasion playing aroung with a neat
> > > mobile device by Intel. I think it's a good development platform to get
> > >
> > >  plasma-mobile started since is basicaly a pc (tough only slightly
> > > bigger than an n810) so getting things to run on it is really easy.
> > >
> > > Now since i had green light to ask this, (i know that's a rethorical
> > >
> > >  question since i know everybody here loves this stuff ;p) if i can get
> > >  at least two people that will be interested working on them during
> > >  Tokamak i think i can make them lending us two more devices, so there
> > >  will be enough to experiment for some people.
> > >
> > > then of course they don't have to do that all the time, we just have to
> > >
> > >  make sure they'll be put in good use.
> > >
> > > who raises hand? :)
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > > Marco Martin