how can I access DataEngines from JavaScript in the Web Plasmoids?

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:45:00 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> It doesn't address one important design principle in the least: Separating content
> from layout and logic.

What do you mean? Many websites get their content through a REST api,
rails for example has a activeresource for that. Or am I missing
something?

> And if it's not WebGL, then we'll just get more flash apps, and maybe other
> proprietary runtimes in the future.

It's not like the non web world hasn't been plagued by proprietary
runtimes either.

> Where's this separation of data and presentation?

See above.

> Where's the semantic web that's been talked about for 10 years?

Check that maybe http://linkeddata.org/

Semantic web is already being used through microformats too.

> Seriously, today's web sucks, and it doesn't look
> good for tomorrow's.

I actually love it and it's getting better everyday.