screensaver fixed [was: Re: widget snap]

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 01:36:43 CET 2010

On January 4, 2010 01:17:45 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 04 January 2010, Chani wrote:
> > >
> > > making it a custom containment and not adding any actions to it?
> >
> > no no, remember, this was all *working* in 4.3.
> > I had applet handles and a cashew, everything I wanted. we even stripped
> >
> >  out a bunch of unnecessary code (and moved some to the screensaver
> >  corona iirc) so that the screensaver containment is extremely small.
>
> i see the cashew sometimes isn't here in the dashboard too sometimes, with
> a separate one...
> here i was thinking the problem could be the cashew is present but
> sometimes offscreen for the containment not synced to view size or
> something like that. could be the same ting here?

ahahaha. I found the cause of *both* disappearances.
it was actually loading a null containment, because the containment didn't
pass security. whoops. :)

it used to be that security just prevented the *user* from loading things and
ignored what was already in the config file... when that hole was closed, it
broke, and since the wallpaper and widgets still worked fine all I noticed was
that I wasn't seeing a cashew. :)

anyways, since plasma likes to remove things it can't load, you'll all have to
go fix your plasma-overlay-appletsrc now. setting plugin=saverdesktop for the
containment should do the trick - or you can just remove the file if you don't
mind losing your widget config.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com