how can I access DataEngines from JavaScript in the Web Plasmoids?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 4 03:18:38 CET 2010

On January 2, 2010, Petri Damstén wrote:
> I think dataengines in webkit plasmoids have worked since KDE 4.3.

since we're talking about webkit plasmoids (<warning>thread hijacking, so
rude!</warning>) ..

.. there are some things that could be improved for the webkit plasmoids. it
might be helpful to compile a list and then either create a TODO in svn or on
techbase.

here's my short list:

* the context menu has things like "reload" which obviously don't work
properly. those items should be disabled.

* there is the temporary file that is created to hold the style sheet. highly
inefficient; see the comments in PlasmaWebApplet::makeStylesheet()
for my thoughts on this

* documentation. who knew that there were calls to JavaScript functions called
themeChanged, init, dataUpdated and configChanged that can (and often are)
made?

anything else?

(i need to compile a similar list for the QScript engine as well; it too has
its warts)

humru othro a kohnu se