widget snap

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:56:37 CET 2010

On Saturday 02 January 2010, Roman Shtylman wrote:
> I was sitting around trying to organize some of my plasmoids... and
> realized that you can't easily make a stack of plasmoids all exactly
> aligned ... at least not that I could figure out. I thought it would
> be really cool to be able to snap plasmoids to other plasmoids as well
> as to virtual "guidelines" created by the bounding boxes of the
> plasmoids. I spent a few hours and finally got the effect I was
> looking for. Should work for both moves and resizes. Attached is the
> patch against kdelibs head. Right now the snap "strength" is hard
> coded to 3 pixels.
>
> ~Roman

wonder if it's something more for the layout manager of  DesktopContainment or
if should really be generic in applethandle..
well custom containments implement their own handle so it's fine i guess.
anyways is a good feature. Could still make in for 4.4 or perhaps it has to
wait?

Cheers,
Marco Martin