Python dataengines using plasmate

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 14:35:07 CET 2010

I can't seem to install dataengines created in plasmate - plasmapkg reports
success, but the engine doesn't show up in plasmaengineexplorer. I did some
tracing and narrowed it down to this line in the metadata.desktop file:

X-KDE-ParentApp=

which is written into the metadata file by Plasma::PackageMetadata::Write().
The engine appears to install fine if I remove this line but doesn't if I
put it back. Which is weird because for stuff like plasmoids the same line
didn't create any problems.

Might this be a bug? This is on 4.4 by the way.

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/