Battery applet and KIcon

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:58:40 CET 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On February 14, 2010, you wrote:
> > On Sunday 14 February 2010 18:59:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > b) since when have we abandoned scalable interfaces? ("nobody uses it
> > > larger  than 64 pixels, and we will generate a 256px icon"; seriously?)
> >
> > SVG is *not* scalable.
>
> given that's what the 's' stands for in 'svg', this statement is ironic.
> (not to mention wrong)

while the statement is not "technically correct" (and /me is guilty having
used it several times too :p), it expresses very well the limitations and the
poor results of rendering "floats into integers" especially with small sizes,
where the signal to noise ratio (in term of "correct" vs blurry pixels) is too
low

if from one hand ditching it totally to use icons is not the best way to go
(but good solutions are made of trying different alternatives first ;p),
Riccardo is correct saying a solution and quite generic one is needed

Cheers,
Marco Martin