Battery applet and KIcon

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Feb 14 20:17:58 CET 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010 18:59:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On February 14, 2010, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > Hello,
> > to follow up on a message i sent some time ago, I started to convert the
> > battery applet to make it use KIcon. =)
>
> a) use reviewboard

Sorry, will do it for next time.

> b) since when have we abandoned scalable interfaces? ("nobody uses it
> larger  than 64 pixels, and we will generate a 256px icon"; seriously?)

SVG is *not* scalable.

> c) how does this allow one to ensure the battery matches the desktop theme?

In no way for now. Do you have suggestions?

> d) if this is such a brilliant idea, why can't the pixmaps be put into the
> SVG file along with the freely scalable version?

Fine, this will complicate things in the code though, since we have to
selectively pick a pixmap to render based on the contents or load the svg
where appropriate, but I can do that. Is this to be considered an ACK?

-Riccardo
Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום