Battery applet and KIcon

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Feb 14 15:44:56 CET 2010

Hello,
to follow up on a message i sent some time ago, I started to convert the
battery applet to make it use KIcon. =)

For now the theme is still needed, as just the battery itself is kicon-based,
and the AC adaptor is still SVG based. I think that at small sizes it really
is a significant improvement on clarity and looks. For now it's slightly
smaller, but we can work a little more on small sizes of oxygen if this is not
enough (these icons are not used anywhere else).
At big sizes it's a bit blurred for now, but I don't think many people use it
at sizes bigger than 64x64 anyways. We have icons generated up to 256x256.

Attaching the small patch and two screenshots showing the after and before.

If I have the ack I will also change the ac animation (changing it to an IMO
more professional fade) and the whole painting of the applet to use KIcon
instead of the svg, where applicable.

Bye,
-Riccardo
Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום