DataEngine for OpenStreetMap (with geolocation)

Friedrich Pülz fieti1983 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 20:02:14 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm the developer of publicTransport (data engine and applet in playground)
and want to provide the user with near stops to choose from. The geolocation
data engine provides latitude and longitude which can be used to get
information about things in the area near the user from openstreetmap (for
example public transport stops, ie. relations with
public_transport=stop_area). I just implemented a first version of such a data
engine which works quite well.
The data engine could also provide information about near shops, doctors,
pubs, restaurants, ... An applet that displays such stuff would also be nice
(at least for the ones with GPS hardware).
What do you think?

Friedrich Pülz