plasmate alpha1 release

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:28:33 CET 2010

> same answer as above. do we have a list of these TODOs as well as "What
> Works"? if not, let's start a list here:
>
>        http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/PlasMate

Ok. Will get to it.

> what problems did you run into? or is it just generally inoperable?

I attempted the basic use-case I assumed should work: I start with some
code, create a save point (this succeeds), then I do new things to the code,
and then I attempt to revert the code back to the state when I created the
save point. I don't get any errors or whatnot, but I can't seem to
successfully revert either.

Here: http://pastebin.ca/1776010

> the only solution to this would be turn the plasmoid viewer into an
> external
> process and communicate between Plasmate and the viewer over DBus.

Ok. "Future work" for now I suppose.

 less important than features will be fixing bugs, tidying up UI here and
> there, etc. if a once-a-month release cycle is too aggressive, we can
> always
> step it down to once every other month, once every quarter, or whatever.

Hmm, Personally I think I'd feel better with once every 2 months :)

----
Jason "moofang" Lim Yuen Hoe
http://yuenhoe.co.cc/