Idea: Window management for 4.5

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 1 19:01:42 CET 2010

On February 1, 2010, Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer wrote:
> > i don't think this is a distinction most users are capable of reliably
> > making. this is why the dock concept as see on *Step and MacOS works at
> > all, it seems
>
> When I use MacOS X I have always problems to find some windows, the dock
> does not help me, alt+tab does not help me and spaces+exposé are often
> inaccessible. ;)

oh, i'm not saying the dock is great (nor do i want to us move to a dock
representation with the launcher+task concept). i'm just noting that it does
work as well as does because "this means its window" vs "this means the
process that owns the windo" isn't a distinction many people can/do make.

because that's an ambiguous distinction for most, the dock concept is able to
work at all. if that distinction was very clear to people, the dock concept
would likely be far more frustrating for far more people than it currently is.

humru othro a kohnu se