systray misbehaviour on first start

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 15:52:47 CET 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 26, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
>> can't be reproduced here
>
> ok, that makes me feel better then, as it _probably_ means some bit of
> software, somewhere needs to be updated on my system. today will be a good day
> to let a bunch of "fire and forget, update everything" builds launch.

as i tought, it was the battery applet.

at some point, the battery applet sets its own minimum size.
in theory the layout should notice the change, but it doesn't.
probably it has something to do with the systray layout being a custom
one (so without the possibility of hooking to qgraphicslayoutitem
privates, yes, it is not possible to write a custom layout actually
fully working)

now, when the battery sets its own minimum size i look if out parent
layout item is actually a layout, if it is i invalidate it. and this
actually works.
this should happen rarely enough (like, one time in applet lifecycle)
to not be too cpu heavy.

btw, was there a bug # on this? couldn't find it

Cheers,
Marco Martin