Installing Plasma.Service *.operations file

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:07:27 CET 2010

On Wednesday 22 December 2010 20:54:07 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 22, 2010, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > Excellent! It was obvious. I bet I have read this somewhere but it got
> > lost again. Thanks :-)
>
> there's a python dataengine tutorial on techbase[1], but it doesn't cover
> services.
>
> there is a Javascript example that does show how to use services[2], but no
> tutorial for it on techbase.
>
> a tutorial on writing scripted DataEngines using Javascript as the example
> language that covers all of those topics would be very good.
>
> even the C++ tutorial[3] doesn't cover services! oi vey ... documentation
> needs writing.

Google Translate couldn't tell me what oi vey means but my guess would be
Jiddish for Oh no ;-P

I don't feel confident enough for writing the documentation yet. My English is
at best confusing, my Javascript skills are very limited (I know that is the
least of it) and I'm not quite sure how things work ;-)
I hope to pick up some more experience here so that I can contribute something
back (although it would probably be in Python to start with).

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L