Accessing UI elements from within JavaScript

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 21:35:31 CET 2010

On Monday, December 20, 2010, Stefan Zimmer wrote:
> I am writing my first plasmoid, in JavaScript. My plasmoid has a config
> dialog defined in ui/config.ui. I want to connect a button defined in this
> config.ui file to a signal. How do i realize this? How can I access
> components defined inside the ui?

right now, the configuration UI is limited to what you can do with Qt
Designer. there is no interaction with the UI by the plasmoid other than:

* the configChanged event
* access of the updated values via the configuration as defined by the files
in contents/config

i'm hoping to improve this with libplasma2 to allow more flexibility. it will
probably mean moving from a QWidget to using the same widgets plasmoids
themselves use.

humru othro a kohnu se