Plasma panel and Kephal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 04:31:30 CET 2010

On Sunday, December 19, 2010, todd rme wrote:
> all plasma containments and applets were designed in such a way that
> they could easily be built from outside the KDE source tree as long as
> the appropriate development packages are installed.  This will make it

such a restriction makes no sense for items in kdebase-workspace. that's the
entire point of having that module: so we can use the code in there as needed.

anyways, in the specific case of the panel containment, all of the uses of
Kephal can be replaced by Corona. the code in the panel predates the ability
to use Corona as a source for this information and was never changed (likely
because nobody felt the need/desire to do so).

the only tricky one would be the initalization of m_currentSize in the
constructor, but that could perhaps just be avoided altogether, and done in
init() instead, which is called before restore() for containments, so
shouldn't have any significant performance consequences.

humru othro a kohnu se