Embossed effect on Plasma digital clock

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Dec 20 21:09:07 CET 2010

On Friday, December 10, 2010 06:27:42 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, December 9, 2010, Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 19:50, Shantanu Tushar Jha <jhahoneyk at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > > Same here, and as embossing the date etc on a smaller panel might make
> > > it unreadable. So, how about disabling the emboss completely when date
> > > is enabled and applet size is small?
> >
> > I don't really have any informed comment to make on that specifically,
> > but I would expect that non-embossed text would not be misaligned (as
> > in the picture), and hope for consistency in any case.  Would it be
> > reasonable for any alternate presentation (e.g. disabling embossing)
> > to take effect when the widget switches to single-line mode?
>
> yes, it's possible; i'd like to wait until the author of this, sebas, is
> back. he's currently on vacation.

I'm back now (and yes, it was awesome :P).

As to the original topic, it's probably not the emboss that makes it visually
inconsistent, but the slight translucency on the time that does. That
translucency will be applied to the date again, and the issue should be gone.

I'll commit this within the next days, it's an easy change, but I'm still at
the "catching up with email" phase. :)
--
sebas