Declarative appletscript: last touches

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 9 22:47:40 CET 2010

On Thursday, December 9, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 09 December 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 9, 2010, Marco Martin wrote:
> > > - plasmoids are not sanboxed at all anymore: it is possible to import
> > > anyting from everybody (yes, a plasmoid could import kmail's pieces,
> > > both a great feature and a curse at the same time), including c++
> > > plugis, -and- with absolute paths, but that has nothing we can do
> > > about it
> >
> > ugh; sounds like something to bring up with the QML team post-4.6 then
> > perhaps. oh well... :)
>
> yes: i want to attempt to propose an api for that:
> defining whitelists for

that would be good.

Plasma::PluginLoader could also do this, and that's probably not a bad idea. i
wonder if we want just whitelists, or if we should have a way to implement
such a filter using C++, so that one could implement white lists, black lists,
or any form of sophisticated runtime system (e.g. check cryptographic
signatures)

humru othro a kohnu se