Desktop Slideshow Settings

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 8 19:34:41 CET 2010

On Tuesday, December 7, 2010, Steven Sroka wrote:
> In kdebase/workspace/libs/plasmagenericshell/backgrounddialog.cpp, what
> happens in BackgroundDialog::saveConfig() specifically?
>
> In general, I know that the wallpaper/mouse settings are saved and the last
> 'if' statement forces the wallpaper to change. But, what does the code
> above the last 'if' statement *specifically* do?

saveConfig() does the following:

* determine what the names of the wallpaper and containment plugins are (first
three lines)

* if the containment plugin is changing (e.g. desktop -> folderview) then
create the new containment, swap it with the current one (that includes
ensuring the mouse actions and wallpaper go with it)

* save the settings of the wallpaper configuration (d->wallpaper is an
instance of the wallpaper plugin in the dialog, not in the containment)

* have the containment re-load the wallpaper settings by calling setWallpaper
(which has that side effect)

* reset the modified state (and therefore the Apply button, etc)

humru othro a kohnu se