The new share dataengine

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 22:25:01 CET 2010

On Sunday 05 December 2010 22:07:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday, December 5, 2010, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> > As I was fiddling around with an URL shortener plasmoid similar to the
> > pastebin plasmoid I was thinking if it would be an idea to also provide
> > URL Shortener services in the same engine or id would be better to have a
> > separate one?
>
> imho: it probably makes more sense to keep them separate as they are
> different kinds of tasks, even if related. the structure could be
> similar/the same, however.

I guess that makes sense.

> i'd even think that a URL shortener dataengine could easily be written in
> javascript (giving it addons for free in the process as well)

Is it possible to offer GHNS from a javascript engine or an engine at all?
I need to have a look at the new share engine; where is it situated in the
repository now?
(not that I'm going to write it right now as I'm already playing with more
small projects than I can finish ;)

--
Best regards / med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Dropbox and my thumb drive had an epic battle. Dropbox won.
http://db.tt/T0p6d6L