Perl bindings to plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 5 00:37:18 CET 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010, Chris Burel wrote:
> I've come up with two workarounds so far.  One is to use LD_PRELOAD to
> load libperl.so, which isn't really a solution, but it did work in my
> test.  The other is to modify KPluginFactory to have the option of
> specifying load hints in the constructor, and then have plasma check
> for a key in the .desktop file to determine if the symbols from the
> plugin should be exported.
>
> Or maybe there's some other/better way for me to make sure that
> libperl.so?

sorry not replying sooner; i was hoping someone else would speak up who knew
more about these things than i.

it sounds to me like the KPluginFactory extension may be a good approach. but
i'd suggest asking on kde-bindings and kde-core-devel to see if anyone else
there has input.

humru othro a kohnu se