Removal of "pastebin" dataengine

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) asouza at kde.org
Sat Aug 28 05:18:22 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

As you may already know, we are changing from the old "pastebin"
dataengine to a brand new one called "share". The new one is already
in kdebase and the old one lives in kdeplasma-addons. AFAIK, the only
user of this engine was the pastebin applet that was just converted to
use the new engine.

So I'm thinking about removing asap the old code from kdeplasma-addons
and blog about it so people know the new direction. Does anybody
disagree with this decision? If nobody says "no" until next Wednesday
(September 1st) I'll remove it myself so we avoid "future mistakes" of
people starting to use that instead of the new one.

Cheers! :D

Artur