kdereview: adjustable clock

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 16:38:23 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 01:37:45 pm Emdek wrote:
> > Or just switch off reflections when in non-Planar mode?
>
> Switching off parts of code is bad idea, we should not force user to not
> use something if we don't know how he want to use it.

Plasma's FormFactor is actually designed to give the applet hints how it
should behave. If it's in a horizontal panel (i.e. the available vertical
space is constrained), optimizing it for vertical usage of space is the right
thing to do. If there is the space (which FormFactor::Planar means), you can
drop eyecandy around it to make it more readable (more space for actual
content).

You'll hit a hard limit at some point anyway, namely when the space you have
available for text is smaller than the height of
KGlobalSettings::SmallestReadableFont.

sebas