kdereview: adjustable clock

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 13:47:11 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 25 August 2010, Emdek wrote:
> On 25-08-2010 at 13:30:49 Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> >> Well, that format was added mostly to use on desktop (reflections on
> >> panels won't look nice anyway), but I can modify it to fit when I'll
> >> have
> >> some free time.
> >
> > Or just switch off reflections when in non-Planar mode?
>
> Switching off parts of code is bad idea, we should not force user to not
> use something if we don't know how he want to use it.
> Besides there is already version of this format without reflection. ;-)
> To fix reflection it should be enough to set fixed height or something
> similar, pure CSS and HTML (well, with some WebKit's additions).
> Fixed height is OK to use because contents are always scaled to fit.

or enable/disable reflections on resize constraint events based on the size,
but regardless where the plasmoid is designed to belong, to be distributed in
the KDE release it must work reasonably well on all containments present in
the KDE release.

/me thinkssome policies about that should be written down somewhere...

Cheers,
Marco Martin