Generalizing interfaces and interaction with QGraphicsItems across form-factor boundaries

Sun Aug 22 22:32:47 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 13:21:15 Marco Martin wrote:
> hmm, this looks a bit like qml to me.
> and yes i'm aware and agree on the concerns over its architecture, but
> perhaps it should not be discarded before evaluating if it could have some
> applications there

I am in the process of evaluating QML. I have only played with it a bit, yet I
am sure that we could put it to good use.

Could you please expand on "concerns over its architecture"?

> paint rutines: we have a quite efficient svg loading and painting mechanism
> with on disk cache of the rasterized stuff that seems to scale pretty well
> on not-so-capable devies (when there aren't cache misses it is possible to
> display svgs without instantiating any svg parser)

As I mentioned in my reply to Aaron, incidentally I implemented a similar
solution for kdegames just at the beginning of the 4.6 cycle.

Greetings
Stefan