changing the changelog

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:41:28 CEST 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi plasma people! :)
>
> we're working on so many different things and often very much "heads down"
> in work that the changelog is getting neglected. we're also beyond the
> early "OMG, this feature will take 2 months and 100s of commits to be
> fully done, so i can't use commit log msgs to build the changelog" phase
> of plasmadom. it is now, i believe, realistic to use commit msgs to build
> our changelog.
>
> i'd like to therefore request that all commits to plasma code in kdelibs,
> kdebase and kdeplasma-addons that represent a new feature or a bug fix
> include the appropriate keywords in the commit msg. kmail will filter them
>  for me :)
>
> features should have FEATURE in the message.

+1,
since some feature already got in before i started using the FEATURE keyword,
i've added them to a CHANGELOG-4.6 in the design folder.
if someboby can think about of something important he committed and did not
use the keyword, please fill it here before the memory fades away

Cheers,
Marco Martin