changing the changelog

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 21:21:20 CEST 2010

On Thursday 12 August 2010 19:06:21 Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > i'd like to therefore request that all commits to plasma code in kdelibs,
> > kdebase and kdeplasma-addons that represent a new feature or a bug fix
> > include the appropriate keywords in the commit msg. kmail will filter
> > them for me :)
>
> This will also help when we migrate to git: using "git shortlog" or
> "git log --pretty=oneline" it will be much easier to generate the
> Changelogs :).
>
> So, it's *really* important that we write nice "first line message"
> and then a nice commit message for each commit :) It will help the
> maintainer's life a lot :D
>
> Cheers,

One of the things I really like about git is how easy it is to set up a commit
message template that could include all the keywords as a memory aid (1).
I've tried a quick google but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this
using subversion?

John.

(1) For the Nokia/Qt template see
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/blobs/4.7/.commit-template