Saving a Plasma Dashboard

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Aug 12 16:36:36 CEST 2010

Hi!
So our dashboard is mostly working (other than the last issues I already
reported), now I just have a little itch.

The thing is that the KDevelop dashboard is the central place to show
information when a project is opened, the idea is that it's going to be
shared by all the project members and it's going to be shared by versioning
it (over svn/git or any VCS it's being used) and it's quite painful that
newspaper is storing information about the screen resolution and positions
are specified depending on the resolution, the problem is, as you will
expect, that every time the dashboard is opened we will be asked to commit
the dashboard changes, even if we didn't change anything.

Do you think that would be very hard to solve?

If that's not possible, maybe I can resize the dashboard before closing, but
I'd prefer to ask you first.

Thanks,
Aleix