Right Click issue in SystemTray

Jeremiah Summers jmiahman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 18:01:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:57 AM, David Hubner <hubnerd at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>  On 11/08/2010 09:20, Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 August 2010, Jeremiah Summers wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>             I have an issue with the System Notifier Daemon in kded4
> >> blocking right click action in systray for klipper and kmix. I
> > uhm, can you explain better what the problem is?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Marco Martin
> Could possibly be this issue
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87677 with A4 tech mice.
>
> Its a guess as I don't know if this bug only effects sorting.
>
> --
> David Hubner
> KinfoCenter Developer
>
> E-mail: hubnerd at ntlworld.com
> Portfolio: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hubnerd/
> LinkedIn Profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/hubnerd

Sorry not sure if it's a bug or not. The issue is right click is non
responsive for various icons in the System Tray the most used of these would
be kmix and klipper. If I go to right click in the system tray one of these
icons no menu appears or action happens. If I left click there seems to be a
click action as the icon will shrink a little bit on the mouse click but no
action other than the icon looking as if it's been pressed takes place.

I have learned that if I disable "Status Notifier Manager" in kded4 (System
Setting -> Startup and Shutdown -> Service Manager) that the kmix and
klipper icons will change to their old defaults (instead of the new shiny
icons) and then work weather I left or right click. All seems to be well.
This was noted before as a bug and was closed out because Aaron suggestion
it was a old dbusmenu-qt version.

It's also noted here:
http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/week-21-kde-at-opensuse/

I am running the latest git pull as previously stated and have restarted
etc.. to make sure the new libraries are loaded.

I am just wondering if there's something else I need to update. Previous
versions (4.4.95) RC 3 worked fine with the same packages.

Hope this explains it better

Kind regards,

Jeremiah