New property proposal for StatusNotifierItem protocol: Label

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 21:38:59 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 10 August 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> it would mean that there would be no need to expand the spec itself while
> allowing us to all experiment a bit more freely with it. all without
> endangering the future quality of the API and burden existing
>  visualizations.
>
> and if i am proven horribly, wonderfully wrong and the label text is shown
> to be a purely awesome idea full of rainbows and unicornsparkles then we
> could 'promote' that key/value pair into the spec as either a document item
> in the key/value property, or as a full fledged named property in the API
>  itself
>
> what does everyone think? (and by "everyone" i mean mostly Marco, Ted and
>  Aurelian, though others are welcome to weight in, of course :)

interesingly enough, i did completely forget the key/value extra data thing
after proposing it for the mediaplyer control, lol
but yes, it looks as a good solution for me, also because being some extra
"metadata" should be clear that the applications (and visualization) must not
rely on that pair being available and that can change in the future.

it's a +1 from me

Cheers,
Marco Martin