definitions and package for plasma on meego

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Aug 6 14:35:14 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 July 2010 19:42:06 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the biggest
challenge is probably going to be handling the difference
> between "tablet"
and "mobile". i'm not sure if MeeGo has the ability to
> provide different
build profiles for different form factors or if it is
> "one size fits all".
if it "one size fits all", then i'd suggest we start
> with the tablet
profile since we probably have immediate use cases for
> that.

Note that
with the current state though there's no practical difference between the
tablet and mobile profile (yet!). But for those who attended my talk at
Akademy, latest plans are to converge to having no profiles at all in the
end with "automagic" runtime dependency checks.

That's why I would kind of
advise people to use the mobile profile at that point when they don't build
the desktop one. That'll also help us analyze better the trade off of having
a given dependency missing or not.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens,