Review request: New share dataengine for plasma

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Aug 3 14:03:55 CEST 2010

On Sunday 01 August 2010 23:16:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > supports different mimetypes and because of that more plasmoids and
>
>  applications will make use of that from my point of view.
>
> does this mean we should be thinking about a move to kdebase with the other
>  general interest dataengines?

I think yes. While this engine has come out of the pastebin Plasmoid, I can
imagine it being used in other places as well, basically as a "share" button
for different media, making it easy to upload the file somewhere and place a
link. (Makes sense for Microblog clients as "twitpic" function, but also for
ksnapshot, in email clients, etc.. I think this is where this functionality
should ultimately lead to. Am I right, Artur? :)

sebas